Ethiopian Guest House a great place to stayand put your dollars

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Springtime and the challenge

So today I spent about six hours in the car driving with my family through our beloved Japan, enjoying the beautiful scenery, especially the cherry blossoms. We enjoyed talking and sharing with each other, and singing the 62 songs on the IPOD about 3 times each. As I listened to the kids interact, for the most part they were kind and decent to each other, but what I realized, is some of the stuff that wasn't so kind, even though it was mostly in fun, sounded like things I might say when I'm frustrated with them, and I really didn't like that. It made me wonder if they see that as love? If they feel it's ok to be sarcastic and even down right mean at times as long as it's in fun? So we got home fixed some dinner and honestly I had had enough children for the day and was tired so I went to my room and ate (something I don't do a lot, but I do do occasionally), and watched a movie. The movie was Fire Proof and is really a movie about how to fireproof your marriage. In it it has a 40 day love challenge that basically says if you can complete the 40 days you will be able to show a true deep love for your spouse. So me, I am all about challenges. I can do anything for 40 days or less. Many times the challenges are take aren't the healthiest and really do me more harm then good. Like two years ago I did the HCG diet, starved myself for about 60 days lost 40lbs but put it all right back on plus some. As I build a closer relationship to God I hope I he can guide me to choose my challenges better. So anyway I've decided I am going to do this love challenge, not to my spouse as you all know I don't have one, but to my children. I am hoping it will help me to show them a deeper truer love, and that in turn they will be able to show each other and the world this same love. Oh the other challenge is that I want to blog each day about it. So hope you enjoy following this challenge. PS I am not sharing with my children that I am doing this challenge so if you happen to see or talk to the kids don't ask them about it until it's over. Heer is challenge number one. I hate to say this but this is probably going to be one of the toughest for me. I am always correcting my kids in the name of love to teach and guide them, So may God be with me!

So I found this

Love Dare for Families  on http://www.naturalfamilyawareness.com

DAY 1 – Love Is Patient 

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. —Ephesians 4:2 NIV Funny we just read this scripture in Bible study. It continues to say there is one spirit and one body and one hope, talking how we need to stay united as God's people and love one another to show his love to the world.

 TODAY’S DARE The first part of this dare is fairly simple. Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse (children) at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It’s better to hold your tongue than to say something you’ll regret. ***** Taken from the book entitled: “The Love Dare” by Alex and Stephen Kendrick.

No comments: