Ethiopian Guest House a great place to stayand put your dollars

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 16: Love Intercedes

Day 16: Love Intercedes
Begin praying today for your family’s heart. Pray for three specific areas where you desire for God to work in their life and in your family as a whole.

Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers. 3 John 1:2

 I have to tell you all if you would all intercede for our family that would be great as this morning I am at a breaking point with my youngest. So yesterday it asked to do something to show honor to your kids. It was raining so I gave Roma a ride to school, she was very thankful. I know it's not about praise but I held the door open for Elias, nothing, I waited to walk with him, usually I have to go ahead to get him moving, nothing. I worked really hard to be kind and patience what I received back was a kid who said he was reading on the computer (doing homework but really was playing games, A kid who forgot his lunch, a kid who continued to lie to me and not do what he was supposed basically all day. I managed it with some gentle reminders yesterday. This morning I flipped. This may sound stupid, but when you go over the same rules over and over again and they continue to be broken no matter what consequences you eventually come to a flipping point. So we have a problem with a grimey handed little 8 year old who sticks his hands in food. His favorite is peanut butter. After trying several techniques and consequences I decided with the peanut butter I wasn't going to fight this battle any longer. I bought him his own peanut butter. I wrote his name in permanent marker all over the jar. My daughter pulls out our jar today and there is peanut butter all over it and his name written on top. Both jars has his name. I ask him did you write your name on this jar. No! I keep talking to him he says I thought it was mine and didn't see my name so I wrote it. AAARRR. God help this child to learn somehow some way!

No comments: