Ethiopian Guest House a great place to stayand put your dollars

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 17: Love Promotes Intimacy

 Day 17: Love Promotes Intimacy
Today’s Challenge Determine to guard your family’s secrets (unless they are dangerous to them or to you) and to pray for them. Talk with them, and resolve to demonstrate love in spite of these issues. Really listen to them when they share personal thoughts and struggles with you. Make them feel safe. We don’t need to share every detail of life.

 He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends. Proverbs 17:9

This is something I am learning with my daughter.  If I want her to keep trusting me I have to not share with everybody what she tells me or even when she get's in trouble.

 So yesterday ended better than it began. After school something clicked. First he won an award for being respectful and kind and then he came home with a different attitude. Just as quick as I got angry with him I was proud of him. Thank God for forgiveness.

No comments: