Ethiopian Guest House a great place to stayand put your dollars

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 2: Love is Kind


Day 2: Love is Kind


In addition to saying nothing negative to your family again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness.

 Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32



 Today was actually a bit easier and I did I bit better. The morning started out a bit crazy. My daughter had major melt down over stress of getting to school with too much stuff. She was frustrated because she couldn't fit everything in her backpack and mom wanted her to take treats to her teachers for teacher appreciation day. So she started throwing things on the ground from her backpack and her glasses fell off. She then stepped on them. Keep in mind we are in Japan. I was proud of how well I did. Instead of telling her how she was being irresponsible etc.... I went and hugged my girl who then began to ball, then was able to fix her glasses and gave her a ride to school even though that would put me late back to work. I was soft where she needed me to be. Typically I would have told her so sad that you made those choices you'll have to figure out how your going to fix it and get to school. I also was able to be more positive with El. Instead of asking him what he was supposed to do I just told him. That took stress off him and he was able to get done what he needed to. My gesture to Elias was I made him lunch and had him come eat with me in my classroom. I was able to focus just on him and I was very careful to do a lot of listening and not get annoyed by his constant talking. It was actually easy not to get annoyed because I went into it that it was all about him. I actually quite enjoyed our lunch. The gesture for Roma could of been the morning, but what I did was took her to the commissary and said get what ever you want for lunches for the next week. For those of you who know me I am typically very frugal and everything is budgeted. I hate spending too much money on anything So she spent about $40. I didn't complain , didn't look disapproving just went to the car and we left. We're driving home and Roma says "what's going on?, why did you let me spend that much? Why are did you eat lunch with El?" I say nothing. She says Thanks mom I really appreciate you. :)

No comments: