Ethiopian Guest House a great place to stayand put your dollars

Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 14: Love Takes Delight

Day 14: Love Takes Delight
Today’s Challenge Purposefully neglect an activity you would normally do so you can spend quality time with your family. Do something they would love to do or a project they’d really like to work on. Just be together.. Give me your heart … and let your eyes delight in my ways. Proverbs 23:26

My plan is to skip my normal me time of checking emails, fb and taking a quick rest and instead play a board game with the kids. I can truly say my heart is softening towards my kids. I find I am listening more and giving less instruction. It is especially softening towards Elias. I feel I am becoming more attune to his needs and spirit. Except sometimes I still continue to make mistakes. Yesterday I went and ate lunch with one of my students and was the next table over. I went to talk with him and when I left I signed I love you. (something our family does always. He did not want to say it back, so I continued to sign it to him and verbally say it. He finally did it quickly. In the car I gave him a bit of a hard time about it. I said oh you must not love me, even your friend Emma told me she loved me and you don't want to say it in front of your friends or on the phone when I am gone, you must not love me. Even Roma says it at high school and Roma says I tell you I love you but don't stay and talk to my friends. Anyway I was just giving him a hard time and letting him know it's ok to say I love you. He breaks down crying Honey what's a matter you say everybody else loves you. Well do you love me? Yes eventually he comes to I was scared to say it in front of my friends. I really love you mom. So sweet I spend some time hugging on him, Telling him I love him everywhere and it's ok to love your family in front of friends. He calms down and I wonder if I have gone to far with giving him a hard time?

No comments: