Ethiopian Guest House a great place to stayand put your dollars

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Introduction

Hi and welcome to our blog. I have read many blogs and have decided it is time for me to start my own blog to record our Journey to adopt a little boy from Ethiopia. For many years I have considered adopting and have had many opportunities placed before me. The timing was always off though. I didn't feel like I was in a stable enough position to be able to take on that challenge, or the situations just were not right. But Now!!! I feel like God is saying it's time. I have always loved children and been an advocate for their best interest. I have been a teacher most of my life. As I settled into our new home with my daughter, I felt that this is finally home, a place where we'll be for many years. For many years my daughter has wanted two things, a dad and siblings. Well the first is something that I can not give her but the second I am in a position to say yes to. When I was younger I always dreamed of a bigger family and now it's time to make that dream come true.

How did we choose Ethiopia?
Well my daughter is half Nigerian and I've always favored black children. I don't know what it is but honestly I think little black and bi-racial babies are the cutest thing ever. (It couldn't have anything to do with having one of my own.) So I knew when I chose to adopt it would be a African, African American or Haitian child. My daughter and I went to a heritage camp and talked to several people who had adopted and over and over I was drawn to Ethiopia. When we got home I went to the internet and really became set on adopting domestically or from Ethiopia. My final decision was made by wanting my daughter to have a connection and experience with Africa even if it would not be the country of her heritage. Anyway that is the beginning of our story.

No comments: