Ethiopian Guest House a great place to stayand put your dollars

Sunday, June 7, 2009

There Is No Me Without You

So I finished reading this book. WOW!!! It was Amazing. People are not kidding when they say this is a must read book for anyone adopting from Ethiopia. This is a true story about a women who God moved her from incredible grief to caring for his most precious children. Through all this her joy in life was brought back. There are just so many facets to this book. First The story of the children and doing the unthinkable of taking in many sickly kids who may be HIV+, The history of Ethiopia, and the History of HIV drugs.
One thing I really like about this book is that it does not ask you for money to help with the crisis every two seconds or say how horrible Americans are because they are not helping (although it eludes to that once).
You are touched by the story!!!!
This site tells you more and gives you pics
http://www.thereisnomewithoutyou.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NTDfC3jGTs
Anyway I read the book now, I am ready for my referral :)

3 comments:

Calmil2 said...

We're ready for your referral too :)
Harmony

Laura said...

I know so I'll stop carrying on already right :)

Thanks It does make me feel a bit better that there are a few who have been waiting as long as I have. I guess misery loves company. Or at least if others are in the same position you don't feel discriminated against, just frustrated.

Jennifer said...

Yup, you're ready and you're NEXT!
Jenny